Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Beyond Method #7 (Next Generation Presentations)

I think I just fell in love with Prezi! I first tried to upload the dummy presentation, but I couldn't figure out how, so I just started one from scratch. The program is very easy to use, and I like the fact that everything you need is there in front of you. Prezi gives you so many different choices for customizing your presentations, lots of vibrant colors, cool geometric shapes. And it is very fast. I loved the hand-grabbing tool (is that the technical name) that allows you to rotate the page just by moving the little hand around (it is kind of tedious trying to scroll through slides using PowerPoint). It even lets you upload videos from youtube. For me, using the software was basically straight-forward and simple to do. Every gadget you might need to create a presentation is there and labeled for you to point and click.

I have no experience with Next Generation Presentations, but as I read about them, I realized that they are similar to PowerPoints based on the internet. By making them internet-based, it is possible for a presenter to reach a larger group of people than someone using a PowerPoint presentation on a laptop hooked up to a projector screen. This is definitely something I could recommend to our patrons, although I don't know how our library could utilize Next Generation Presentations. It would be great to use for fundraising (giving a really cool presentations to the Friends group) and things of that nature, but otherwise, I'm not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment