Monday, April 4, 2011

Beyond Method 3 (Geography and Travel 2.0)

Since the day I searched Google Maps for my home address and found a picture from 2 years ago that showed my clothesline full of clothes (if you get my meaning), I have always been leery of the who virtual map thing. But in this situation I can see a benefit because our library always gets phone calls from people wanting to know our location, and I have trouble explaining it to them because I'm naturally bad with directions. But having this option available would be cool. We have lots of retirees that travel through town, and if they could access our webpage and find a map of our location before they left home, I'm sure it would cut down on the stress of having to stop or call and ask for directions.

It would also be helpful in creating maps of key locations in our city (like the courthouse, hospital, schools, etc.) Patrons could just log on to our site and find the map, rather than having to log on to Yahoo or Google to find the same information.

Google Maps was extremely easy for me to use. Even though I've used before, I think that if I'd tried to use it with no prior knowledge of it, it would have been easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment