Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Beyond Method #11 (Online Surveys)

Most of the time I have to complete and online survey, I usually feel that it's a waste of time because you don't really feel as if your answers matter. The survey creators never come back to you and say, "these were the results of our survey." I can't see the end result, so I feel like there was no point in taking the survey.

Our library does not conduct very many surveys. The city usually conducts surveys and library stuff is included with it, but our library does not use dedicated surveys. I don't see a need for tools like Poll Everywhere because I don't know of any topic that we would need to use it for. Customer satisfactions surveys are good, but I don't know if the patrons would take it seriously or even bother to fill it out.

Surveys and polling will definitely change with the invent of these new tools. I think that it would have to be a very important poll for someone to access it via a cell phone or IPad, because people have so many apps and gadgets on those things already. They won't want to waste their time for something trivial. These new methods are sure to reach a larger number of people. Anything accessible through a text message or online is sure to reach a larger number (and wider variety of people), which has the potential to get better results.

Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment